The Advertising and Promotions Coordinator supports all destination marketing efforts for the Village of Elkhart Lake. Primary duties encompass media development and execution, brand representation, content development website and social media management and visitor services.
Creative & Content Marketing:
- Contribute to concept and design of all destination marketing advertising including print, interactive, mobile, billboard, etc. for all tourism campaigns.
- Share and articulate Elkhart Lake brand through all advertising and marketing channels.
- Manage and maintain day to day efforts on www.Elkhartlake.com . Spear head website content management. Provide recommendations to help drive the overall content strategy and improve user engagement and experience.
- Manage SMS and communications as the “Voice of Elkhart Lake” on all social media channels.
- Maintain Elkhart Lake Calendar of Events for annual Guide for Visitors and all print and interactive listings.
- Copywriting for wide variety of promotional materials.
- Regularly update travel industry websites with destination content and events.
- Produce/update annual Elkhart Lake Guide for Visitors.
- Design and distribute E-newsletter as well as manage newsletter database.
- Produce and update promotional brochures, fliers, and marketing materials i.e., Walking Tour Brochure, Map & Events, rack cards.
- Assist with creation and implementation of website and new marketing initiatives.
Visitor Services and Administrative:
- Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of area facilities, amenities, attractions and events which is needed to respond to phone, email and visitor inquiries.
- Develop and maintain business relationships which enhance and support destination marketing efforts and projects.
- Monitor website communication and respond, track and fill visitor and wedding inquiry.
- Assist with scheduled Media Tours and fill media requests.
- Manage photo library.
- Prepare monthly reports and post/publish meeting agendas as required by law
for Tourism Commission.
- Assist with delivery and tracking of marketing materials to Village businesses.
- Fulfill office administrative duties including visitor fulfillment, filing, letter writing, ordering supplies, copy, etc.
- Communicate clearly, genuinely and respectfully.
- Have strong writing skills which are clear, informative, and vary to fit the need and medium, while still maintaining the brand message.
- Complete tasks in a timely and accurate fashion with the highest level of integrity.
- Be courteous and professional to all visitors, business partners and co-workers.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize work load.
- Multitask and work in a fast pace environment while maintaining deadlines.
- Mastery of InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress, Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently while balancing workload.
- Attend and actively participate in related events.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. in Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing, Business or Journalism) from a four year college or university; or one or two years related experience and/or training.
Compensation & Benefits:
Position is hourly non-exempt, 32-40 hours, with benefits including health insurance, retirement, life insurance and paid time off.
Pay commensurate with experience.