- $17.00 per hour
- 2nd (3pm-11pm) shift available
- Benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, health savings account (HSA), 401(k) retirement plan, Prevea Health and Wellnes Center ($15 co-pay), short-term and long-term disability, 1 week paid vacation (after 6 months), and paid holidays
- Successful candidates can start in as little as two weeks
- Drug free workplace
- Job fair on Wednesday, August 16th at Plymouth Foam
Who You Are:
You’ll be a reliable results-oriented mechanically minded person who is driven to succeed in a fast paced environment. You will be willing and able to work with a small group of peers to facilitate tool changes a daily basis within a specified timeframe. You will thrive on efficiency, enjoy physical labor, and rely on the sensation of a job well-done.
If you want to grow a business, express the best parts of yourself, and have a major impact on a company’s day to day operations, this is an ideal role for you. You will grow and develop new skills and have adventures you’ve likely never had before.
Why This Role Matters
This is an opportunity to support a fast-paced manufacturing company. We provide foam solutions to customers through an immense variety of products. There are 3 keys to success in this role:
- Mechanical Aptitude-This position will require the ability to understand and apply mechanical concepts and principles to solve problems.
- Attention to Detail- Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Efficiency- Ability to avoid wasting materials, energy, efforts, money, and time in doing something or in producing a desired result.
Who Your Customers Are And How This Role Delivers Value To Them:
Your external customers are our customers. Your internal customers will be the Plymouth Foam team in the Shape Molding department. You’ll provide value to both via being a reliable, trusted, grounded, human being. They’ll know you have their back and bring them high quality service in an efficient manner because your work is timely and of consistent high standard.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technician will become familiar with all shape molding tooling; power wash tools after use.
- Power wash tools after production and inspect for damage.
- Repair water lines, replace core vents and spray nozzles.
- Pre-stage and inspect tools for installation.
- Uncrate new tooling and apply identification marks. Work alongside Engineering and Design with new tools.
- Repair fill guns. Maintain inventory of guns and repair parts.
- Work as back-up to set-up team to cover absences.
- Work with production to troubleshoot problems.
- Able to read blueprints and diagrams.
- Complete work in a safe and timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Plex- an online ERP system designed to streamline processes and information across the entire organization.
- Mechanical aptitude and comprehension is crucial to this role.
- Able to weld aluminum, solder brass and use a variety of machining equipment.
- Must be forklift certified or able to pass forklift certification.
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously.