We are seeking an individual for the position of Industrial Engineer. This position involves performing projects, studies and a variety of functions to promote efficient and effective utilization of company equipment, facilities and personnel, and to improve and optimize operations, processes, and systems.
- Perform job studies related to job content, wage analysis and evaluation, workload, physical demands, or the development of new jobs.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to production methods, equipment layout, material handling, personnel, equipment, and material utilization to improve operating performance or efficiency.
- Manage or participate in engineering projects, including design, specifications, approvals, equipment and material purchases, installation and startup.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of systems, methods, procedures and policies of corporate functions including purchasing, accounting, job evaluation, salary administration, safety, product development, quality, facilities, sales, production, or plant layout.
- Review and recommend proper utilization of production facilities, equipment and personnel, including developing cost control programs and monitoring standards of performance for staff and equipment.
- Apply engineering practices and techniques, such as Simulation, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, to improve operating performance, reduce waste and delays, and otherwise promote cost reductions and continuous improvement.
- Analyze systems, processes, and operations to formulate projects and develop recommendations for improvements to optimize manufacturing and support functions.
- Facilitate the design and implementation of new plant information systems, or improvements to existing systems, such as the ERP or barcode systems.
- Recommend, design, and test improvements to information systems in operations to allow for effective information flow.
- Assist with monitoring and developing plant environmental, health and safety programs and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Analyze, design and improve ergonomics within operations to enhance productivity, reduce fatigue, and ensure a safe work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
- 3 years of work experience desired; recent graduates will be considered
- Proficient with MS Office. AutoCAD, Simulation, and ERP system experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and quality system processes and requirements
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and methodologies within industrial engineering, such as Six Sigma, 5-S, and Lean Manufacturing
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
- Mail résumé to: Plastics Engineering Company, Attn: HR Coordinator, 3518 Lakeshore Road, Sheboygan, WI 53083
- Email résumé to: email@example.com