Responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of the facility as well as sanitization and cleaning of food processing and packaging equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Cleans and sanitizes Packaging production lines
- Cleans and sanitizes all Packaging production tools and equipment (Wash room)
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment on raw side
- Daily floor cleaning and maintenance
- Operate stick tumbler
- Operates compactors and floor scrubbers
- Cleans and sanitizes other areas of the building/facility as needed, including but not limited to: Floors, walls, common areas, dock areas, etc.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prefer education generally equivalent to a High School Diploma;
- Prefer 1-3 months of manufacturing, high speed packaging, or food manufacturing experience.
- Requires a proven track record in acceptable levels of attendance, safety and quality of work.
- Prefer candidates with experience in Use of power industrial equipment and lifts, Lockout/Tagout procedures, and hand tools.
- Requires a basic understanding of GMP’s, HACCP and SQF guidelines.
- Requires Use of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- Requires mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Requires basic communication skills in order to interact with and understand work assignments.
- Requires ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Requires ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to stand/Walk for 8-9 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift, Push, Pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, twist, stoop and squat, reach above shoulders as needed for day to day responsibilities and other miscellaneous duties.
- Must have good hand and eye coordination.
- Ability to work at heights that are above ground level.
- Must be able to work in temperatures of 40 degrees or less.
- Must be able to work overtime, during peak production periods.
PAY RANGE: $13 - 17/hr