December - February
Winter in Wisconsin is what you make of it. The season is often spent with family indoors watching movies and playing games. Sheboygan County winters provide an opportunity to enjoy a different set of activities such as skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobile riding, or ice sports such as hockey or figure skating. Proper winter attire will need to be worn such as a winter jacket, boots, gloves, scarf and for those who wish to play in the snow, snow pants.
With a good set of tires or a reliable vehicle, most people have no issues in continuing their day-to-day schedules. Winter weather rarely shuts down businesses; however, schools do close from time to time. Day cares do staff up during school closings to ensure parents can attend work.
Making Spirits Bright
Dreaming of a white Christmas?
- NOAA research shows that there is a 48% probability of snow cover on December 25th.
What to Expect:
- Having a lot of "family time"
- Snow cover from early December through early March
- Schools average 1-2 snow days per year, business closings are rare
- Most snow falls are less than 6 inches
- By 10:00 AM in the morning arterial roads are clear
- Most of the winter has sub 32 degree temperature
- Occasionally expect temperatures in the 30's and possibly 40's. When this happens snow melts quickly.
- Sub 0 degree temperature is rare
- Drive with caution at all times
- 24/7 local news coverage of the Green Bay Packers