We have an immediate opening for a SolidWorks designer to develop, maintain, and automate our engineering knowledge base. The ideal candidate is a wizard with SolidWorks and fully understands automation techniques such as macro development. He or she should be curious, creative, and analytical.
This job operates in a professional office environment and requires frequent visits to the manufacturing plant. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Creates models of our current mechanical designs utilizing SolidWorks.
- Participates in design reviews with the sales and manufacturing departments to improve existing assemblies and develop new ones.
- Develops DriveWorks configuration projects to automate the creation of assemblies and prints for our manufacturing plant.
- Generates submittals and prepares instruction manuals for the sales department.
- Associate Degree with three years of related work experience.
- Extensive experience with SolidWorks.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft software.
- Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to troubleshoot problems quickly.
- Commitment to continuing education in computer programming (training at employer’s expense).
- Technical Capacity
- Curious and Creative
- Analytical Skills
- Focused and Thorough
- Collaboration Skills
- Personal Computer
This is largely a sedentary role. However, regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move about facility.