- 21.38/hour, based on experience
Repair, maintain, troubleshoot die cast machinery and associated equipment in a safe manner. Perform preventive maintenance on die cast machinery and associated equipment. Remodel, repair, and performance maintenance duties on buildings.
Union position, with training during first shift, then moving to off shift after 6 months to one year of training. Reports to the Maintenance supervisor.
- Performs maintenance both independently and under direct instruction of a higher labor grade maintenance mechanic.
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance on die cast machinery and associated equipment.
- Use appropriate equipment required to complete job order, but not with the skills of a higher labor grade maintenance employee.
- Responsible for personal safety as well as the safety of others through the use of established safety guards and precautions using LOTO.
- May supervise and instruct Maintenance Mechanic “A” on an as needed basis.
- Works from verbal or written instructions, sketches, blueprints and instruction manuals.
- Other responsibilities as assigned or required.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Various types of hand tools such as wrenches, sockets, pipe wrenches, hammers, chisels, drills, saws, welding equipment, measuring instruments such as tape measures, calipers, and micrometers, pneumatic or electric hammers, multimeters, ammeters, also machine tools such as lathes, mills, pipe threaders, table saws etc. as are normally used in a maintenance department.
- Skilled in operating hoist, lift and hand lift trucks. Training (in plant) required ever year to maintain forklift license.
- Maintenance employees are expected to provide their own basic tools and be responsible for all tools and equipment of sufficient quantity to allow employee to perform all required tasks accurately and in a safe manner. Maintain company provided tools.
- Drive Company vehicle on an as needed basis.