Aurora Health Care – Plymouth, WI
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We’re a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care than they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Primary Purpose : Supervises the day-to-day operations of all nursing staff to ensure a smooth and efficient operation and delivery of patient care.
Major Responsibilities : Supervises the clinical staff in all departments ensuring appropriate hours of operation to meet the needs of patients and providers. Oversees staffing and scheduling of all clinical staff.
Implements staff education plans and department-based inservice education sessions. Responsible for maintaining standards of staff competency regarding clinical performances, safety, OSHA, and all other regulatory bodies.
Serves as a clinical resource and mentor to staff. Leads and directs clinical staff meetings.
Assists in the development of, and implements, quality improvement efforts. Maintains quality patient care through the review of complaints and suggestions. Identifies and studies recommendations for solutions to nursing service problems.
Supports managers in preparation for, and orientation of, new providers. Works with new providers to assure adequate staffing and processes are in place.
Enforces safety policies and procedures for staff and patients.
Directs formal orientation for new employees.
Assists in the formulation of the annual budget and is accountable for operating within the budget.
- Licenses & Certifications: Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the caregiver practices, and Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA). May obtain within 6 months based on department discretion.
- Degrees: Associate’s Degree in Nursing.
- Required Functional Experience: Typically requires 3 years of experience in clinical nursing, which includes experience in management of staff and clinical oversight.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Demonstrated leadership skills including problem solving, decision making, prioritization, team building, customer service, and conflict resolution.Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.Ability to handle multiple demands simultaneously.Must be detail oriented and well organized.Intermediate computer skills.
- Desired Qualifications: RN experience required, leadership experience preferred. Ambulatory experience a plus. Skills required include organization, multi-tasking, and strong communication.
- Monday – Friday, day shift hours.
- This position will Supervise the nursing staff at the Plymouth, Howards Grove, and Sheboygan Falls clinics, so traval is required. Departments will include primary care, family practice, and internal medicine.
- 2600 Kiley Way, Plymouth, WI 53073 Sheboygan
Discover the Benefits…
- Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you’ll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
- Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations. We are an equal opportunity employer and maintain an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce.