- $14.77 per hour to start with an increase to $16.19 after 90 days.
- Benefits include quarterly bonuses, 401(k) match, and health insurance. Benefits start the 1st full month after hire date.
- 1st shift available.
- Average hiring process from application to hire is 3 weeks or less.
- Job Fair on November 9, 2016.
Click here to watch our company video.
Under the guidance of the Shift Supervisor and/or Line Lead, the Production Operator is accountable for performing required tasks necessary to meet production goals on a production line in a team oriented environment. This is done with an emphasis on the following:
- Employee Safety
- Product Quality
- Production Efficiencies
- Following all safety rules and rules as established in employee handbook
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Set up line following established equipment settings
- Fills out maintenance work orders and assists Maintenance Technicians as needed
- Maintains quality of product on production line by ensuring product standards are being followed
- Continually monitor product, to detect and resolve issues utilizing WCM tools
- Tracks and/or fills out metrics required to accurately close out production work orders
- Aids in minimizing/elimination of process wastes- Transportation, Inventory, Motion, Waiting (Product or Resources), Overprocessing, Overproduction, and Defects using WCM tools
- Maintain good housekeeping as established by Operator Duty Sheets and identifies gaps and areas for improvement
- Performs Autonomous Maintenance (CILT clean, lube, inspect, and tighten) on production equipment
- Maintain tools and equipment in good working condition
- Supports WCM expansion by participating and adhering to requirements as established by equipment/area sustainment boards
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in WCM initiatives, including but not limited to kaizen events, sustainment board launches, SOP writing and Development, Safety “Red” tagging of equipment, etc…
- Flexible, open minded team player
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Desired:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
Preferred or Desired Qualifications:
- Previous work experience in Lean Principles or WCM (World Class Manufacturing) is a plus, but not required
- Follows standard operation procedures to ensure standard costs are being met
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
The above declarations are not intended to be all-inclusive of this position’s duties, responsibilities and requirements to do this job. They are intended only to describe its general nature.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa., has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm’s slogan “Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed,” quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, the world’s largest building products company, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. For five consecutive years, the company has received top honors from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its contributions in protecting the environment and was most recently the recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2012.