What We Offer
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We’re a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care than they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
ACL Laboratories is a community-based testing lab trusted by national and international clients for convenience, timeliness, and accuracy. Our accredited medical technologists and pathologists follow best-in-class lab protocol to provide analysis you can depend on. Because results matter. And ours set us apart. http://www.acllaboratories.com/about/
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you’ll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
- Job Location: 2629 North 7th Street, Sheboygan, WI, United States
- Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Medical Technologist or Technician
- This is full time position with 4 – 10 hrs. days per week. It is a combination of 1st shift days (0500 to 1530) and 3rd shifts (2100 to 0730), every other weekend on 3rd shift
Performs clinical laboratory testing of biological specimens in any/all specialty areas using manual or automated techniques. Uses independent judgment and cognitive skills to develop data, which may be used by the physician in determining the presence and extent of disease.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related field.
Qualifications for Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
Licenses & Certifications:
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) certification issued by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP BOC) needs to be obtained within 1 year or Medical Technologist (MT) certification issued by the American Medical Technologists (AMT) needs to be obtained within 1 year.
- Associate’s Degree in Clinical Lab Technician or related field.
MT/MLT Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.Maintains patient confidentiality in and out of the workplace.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work a flexible schedule, which may include alternate site assignment.